Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Young Women's Values Cake

Last week I made a cake for an event at church (New Beginnings). I was excited about the chance because I've been wanting to do a many layered cake with different colored layers. This was the perfect event for it. New Beginnings is a special night for the girls aged 12-18, the Young Women. In the Young Women program the girls focus on setting and working toward goals in 8 value areas- Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability,Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. Each value has a corresponding color. You see where I'm going with this, right? This was a lot of fun. The pictures aren't great. I felt a little dorky stepping in to take a picture of my cake at the site, so I didn't push it to get the perfect picture. But I think you'll get the idea. It was a real hit with the girls, just like I thought it would be.

Before buttercream:

I'm also a bit obsessed with bunting lately, so I had to make one for the cake. The theme for the evening was "Arise and Shine Forth", which is also the Young Women theme for this year. That's what the bunting says.

(My talented friend Jen made the beautiful cake with swirl roses. It was lemon with a blueberry filling- absolutely delicious, not to mention gorgeous!)

First slice out:



A couple more after it's been cut some more.

2 comments:

merathon said...

amazing. wish you would have been at OUR new beginnings!

Unknown said...

wow! SO cute! Love it!!! I need that cake for my bday. Think it would ship ok? lol