Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rustic Country Tree



If you read my last post about my mantel, you got a sneak peak at the Christmas tree. As we've done in the past, we put a big family tree down in the family room, but upstairs in the living room, I get my very own smaller tree to decorate. This makes me very happy.


I've never been great at decorating a Christmas tree, but it's fun to play around with it anyway. I always do all white lights on the tree but this year I kept it very simple. In the past I have used the regular small white lights, a string of clear C9 lights, the rattan ball lights, and some faux candle lights. This year you will only see small white lights and the rattan balls. I love the rustic, natural element the balls add.



I put the wooden, handmade ornaments that Lincoln's step-dad has made us on this tree.


These are such a treasure to us! They are absolutely stunning. I also put on the wooden bead candycanes we made last year,



as well as the vintage/antique ornaments I have collected.



There are a few pops of red here and there, and just a few other ornaments and berry picks.

For a tree skirt, I just wrapped a large piece of plaid fabric around the base of the tree. (This is the same fabric that I used on my table decor.)

I love my antique wooden crate, and with its red letters and rustic feel it is perfect for holding our collection of Christmas books under the tree. Tucked behind/on it is the little wooden sled I found at Goodwill a couple years ago. When I found it, it was 1980s country blue and I think there may have even been a goose painted on it. A new paint job, some sanding, a new jute twine pull rope, and a few pinecones have really brought it into this decade...and century!


The whole she-bang is backed by my old screen door, the perfect backdrop. And the tree is topped by my (new) old rusty star.


I LOVE it! And I love to stand in the kitchen and look over to the living room. So cozy and inviting!


I can't seem to get the pretty button below to work, but I'm linking up to the Christmas Tree Party at Thrifty Decor Chick.


2 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

Perfectly adorable.

Pamela said...

Oh I just love everything!! So pretty! :)